Thursday, August 6, 2009

Screwing Each Other

Ok, I know most of you all saw what happened between me and Mr.Chew this morning, and here's the real story behind it.

I woke up early, had breakfast, changed, packed my bag and drove to school today. Thought of having a short nap in the car before heading in to the school compound. Hey, which page of the rulebook says I can't do this?

After resting for a few minutes, I decided to head into the school compound. Usually I would go into the school compound through the main gate. But when I was heading to the main gate, the guard told me to use the bus stop gate. Hmmmm.....

Until when I got to the bus stop I saw quite a number of prefects spotchecking the students. So I walked pass them calmly, but Mr. Chew told me to wait aside first.

Fine, I waited there as more and more students were caught, especially the girls because of not clipping their hair.

After waiting for quite some time, I was worried that I'll be late for assembly. So Mr. Chew told the prefects to go back into assembly ground. He asked me why I was still waiting there, I told him that he asked me to wait aside.

Rupa-rupanya, I fold up my sleeve. Damn it, you could have told me earlier and I wouldn't waste my time waiting for ya.

I sat down, long sleeved buttoned already. Since today is Thursday and my class is on duty to clean up the assembly ground. Then, my old habit kicked in again, decided to fold up my sleeve.

Just when I'm done picking up rubbish and heading to class, Mr. Chew stop me again. This time he's already damn pissed. So here's what happened between him and me.

Mr.Chew : "Why you want to fold up your sleeve?!! Kan I told you this morning to pull down your sleeve right?!! You are a prefect!!! Must take care of image!!! Why you want to fold your sleeve up?"

Me : "But school rulebook says that students can fold up their sleeve lah, never read the book ah?"

Mr.Chew : 'You want to apply letter to wear short sleeve or not?!! Can no problem!!"

Me : " (gives him the stare) "

(Both of us went to see Pn. Chin)

Mr. Chew : "Nah Pn. Chin, see your own prefect, sleeve also want to fold up?! What is this lah?!"

Me : "I told you before, the rulebook says so lah. If I follow means I'm abiding with the rules!"

Mr. Chew : "You ini jangan biadab kepada saya ya?! You pengawas tau?! Pengawas macam ini ah?! He say he don't want to wear long sleeve."

*pause*

Dear readers, the following conversation above is true and accurate and was never modified/changed. Now, flashback people. Now did I say that I DO NOT WANT TO WEAR LONG SLEEVE?

Look guys, girls. I only fold my sleeve after an important meeting, event, program with the VIPs and respected people and during recess and in class. Now could you imagine me folding up the coat's sleeve in school. It will make me look dumb rite? Honestly, which idiot would do that? I know the Jonas Brothers did it : )

Ok, back to where I left....

Me : "No I didn't say!!"

I sometimes feel so sorry for Pn. Chin to be part of this messy shit. And to be honest, I would like to take a time to apologize to Pn. Chin for Mr. Chew scolding me infront of her. I know she's embarrassed, but bear in mind that I didn't cause trouble/commotion this morning. Its Mr.Chew that wanted to. Find, if he really wants to lecture me in a shameful way, I do not mind being lectured personally and not in front of the students.

Pn. Chin just kept quiet, and was looking at me. No, she didn't give me that 'You're gonna get it from me soon' look, her face expression alone told me to stay calm and keep myself together.

You know, getting your first ticket and having your next morning bad is so not a good thing to happen. C'mon, who wants their mornings to be shit?

One thing I really forgot to do is to take out my transparent stud out of my left ear. Yikes, Mr.Chew saw it, scolded me for that. Pn. Chin looked at me. I know, that's my fault Pn. Chin, sorry for that.

Mr Chew : "You pengawas, why want to have a stick on your ear?"

You know, sometimes if you wanna do something, you do it. No other reason. Sometimes you no need reason to do things. Haha, confusing rite? Mr. Chew, I want to pierce my ears, let me be lah. Its not like its gonna affect your monthly salary or your eyesight lah. Don't worry, RM 3000 for walking around and pissing people off is a good pay : D

Like having Pn. Chin involved in this wasn't enough, he dragged Pn. Tan into this pile of mess.

Pn. Tan stood next to me, pulled me by the arm and ask me to go to the office. Yes, I was surprised by her action. I thought she's gonna lecture me but she told me to go to the office.

Pn. Tan : "Mr. Chew, please go to the office and settle this. Don't embarrass him in front of the students..."

Mr. Chew : "No, I talked to him very nicely already. He himself make me like this only."

In my mind I was thinking....."What the heck man? I didn't ask you to come and lecture me and create a scene here ok?!! You talk to me nicely ah?!! YOU HYPOCRITE!! I wasn't the one yelling at such a tone. Do teachers do that?!! Heck, I even think that Pn. Pengetua has a more softer tone than you.

Ok, Pn. Tan told me to go to the office, then I decided to walk away. While heading towards the office, Mr. Chew yelled at me...." Oii BOY!!! COME BACK HERE!!!"

I swear on Mac's tiny grave, I was already so fucking pissed. I walked back to Mr. Chew, he say I biadab, he say I no manners, he say I no respect for him. He say I kurang ajar, he say I jatuhkan imej pengawas.

Hello? Look who's talking......

If any of you want to argue with him, make sure you're in the right, not the wrong. If you're in the wrong and you argue with him, you're stupid. If you're in the right and abiding the school rules but he want to cari pasal with you, go ahead and argue. Mind you that teachers will not blindly side him against you.

From the look of Pn. Tan's face, I knew she couldn't bear seeing me being embarassed helplessly by Mr.Chew. She was trying to help me by solving this in the office but not in front of the students.

So, Pn. Tan had it with Mr.Chew, and told us to go to her office. I just walk away from the 3 teachers and the students pissed, angry, screwed but at the same time, I feel like I have the guts to speak out on behalf of the student and prefect body towards Mr.Chew. I mean, how many of you all, say want to scold him, but ended up doing nothing? Mind you I kept my word, I type it, I honour it.

Went to the office, Pn. Chin then came in later. Mr. Chew and Pn. Chin kinda have a heated debate on the sleeve topic.

Pn. Chin : "Mr Chew, my prefects themselves showed me the rulebook and say that can fold their sleeve *points the rule in the book*."

Mr. Chew : "Yes, but that is only applied to the students only."

Erm, hello? So you mean that prefects no need to abide that lone rule. If don't want to follow one rule, better don't follow the rest right? Common sense damn it!!!

Mr. Chew : "See ah, I catch this prefect so many times, especially the hair long, right?"

Me : " No."

Mr. Chew : "No?! Dare you to say no again."

Me : "No, you didn't."

Pn. Chin : "Daniel, tell me. Did he catch you alot of times?"

Me : "No, I'm telling the truth."

Mr. Chew then asked me to go out of the office and seat outside.

Then, he called me back in. Had a discussion, which I can't type it here. What happens inside, stays inside.

We had to shake hands. Pn. Chin knows I didn't wanna shake hands with him at all, she knows I'm pissed that he had to shame me in front of the students which was disrespectful. But I had to, and I had to smile...which is so hard.

That's my story

No comments: