Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Thank God

first of all, I would like to thank God that I'm alive today.

I stayed back late in college today with a few of my friends for dinner and to catch up. Around 10 p.m we decided to leave since it was getting late. I decided to accompany my friend to her car since we both parked at the same basement floor at Jaya one. She drove ahead first. 

Just a second before heading towards the cross junction, a driver made a last minute turn and almost crashed towards my friend on our lane. I was quite shocked and immediately stopped and went to check on my friend. She was so shaken that she didn't know what to do.

I wanna thank God that had I drove ahead first, I would have gotten into an accident, knowing my driving habits and what not. And had that stupid driver gone a lil faster, my friend would have been the victim. And praise God none of the scenarios happened.

Its amazing how timing plays an important role in our life and anything can happened to us no matter how safe we think we are. I'm still quite shaken due to the fact that I've been thinking so many 'what ifs'. 

Its been awhile since I last prayed for a safe journey to wherever I intend to drive to and from. And I would like to start that habit from tomorrow onwards =)

No comments: