Tuesday, August 21, 2007

How I wish I could turn back into time, way back to 2 weeks before I went to Australia. I tell ya, it's the best month and moment for me. That year was 2005, Crazy Frog was the stuff, PS3 dream was still a long way to go.

During the last 2 weeks, I was at Malacca having my holidays before I fly off. That time I broke cousin Jesper's satay chicken record. I ate 55 sticks. Amen. I and cousin Aaron were trying to find our way out of that creepy village in Resident Evil 4. LOL, scary people.

On November 9, it was raining. I was making sure that everything was packed. The last song that I've listen in my nice ol' room is Kanye West's "Gold Digger". That song was dope. I remember, Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback Girl" was so funny, in school, my buddies will go like



THIS SHIT IS BANANAS, B-A-N-A-N-A-S ( repeat 4 times)

LOL.

"Axel F" even funnier............ding ding ding ding bam ba dam ba waaaaaa waaaaaam!!!!!!

The last movie I saw at home before going to the airport was that Jackie Chan movie with that hot Indian actress called "The Myth". While my dad was watching the movie after the heavy rain, I used the PC for a while. MSN-ing, I messaged my cousin Kaz saying that me and my mum will be at your place at 8 hours time. LOL. I downloaded "Wake Me Up When September Ends", the music video. Hey, Youtube doesn't exist during that time. My Windows Media Player was still working, not like now, because of the stupid piracy software.

At 6 p.m, we went off. Luggage wasn't alot, just 2 huge bags with the important stuff. Mum was trying to smuggle some DVDs for uncle Mike to watch. Me.....well, I was incharge of smuggling the DVD games for my cousins.

During the trip to the KLIA, Hitz.fm was playing All American Rejects, Fall Out Boy, Gorillaz, and the rest is history. You think of 2005, what hits were they playing??

We reached the airport. Man, it was nice. Went to a restaurant where on of my father's brother is working. My gosh, the spring chicken that I've ordered was dry and not tasty. Oh yeah, before that, I went over to the t.v where they place it,England won 3-2 against Argentina. Sportscenter was reporting it.

Went through alot of process. Went through the X-Rays, the mumbo jumbo and so on. Those of us who are boarding the plane to Adelaide was siting down waiting. After half an hour, it's our turn to board. I and mum waved goodbye to dad. Before that, I was worried that the plane will crash, and...well, forget about it.

Wow....the airplane was nice. We went pass business class, first class, then to the economics class. The class that we went was great. We have to wait for awhile to watch movies or tv programs. The plane has to be on flight mode, then only we can enjoy. When the plane was taxiing, my ears felt alot of blockage. After a few seconds.....we enjoy.

My my.....this plane sure has the latest songs and movies. My controller got abit problem, so I switched place with mum. Nah, she wants to sleep. My custom jukebox had every song that you can imagine....back in 2005. Heck, I was the first to discover "Pump It" by the Black Eyed Peas as a future hit. Dang, from Mariah Carey, to Gorillaz, to Foo Fighters, to Gwen Stefani. Sweet.

I did watched some movies. "Space Jam" was ok. They had Harry Potter, but its The Prisoner of Azkabooboo, something like that. Screw the name, the author won't sue me.

Dinner...they served Mushroom chicken with rice and vege. I dumped it all to my mum to eat. But I love the carrot cake that they gave us, so nice. Oh yeah....the Pepsi, you can refill as much as you want.

For the 7 hour journey......I couldn't even sleep. Suddenly as I stare out of the window, I saw something amazing. It's like you can see the earth, but it's split into to two, like on the left side is night, while the other side is day. Its so amazing. Trust me.

Finally...I had 2 hours of sleep. Then when I woke up, I watched "War of the Worlds". Sweet.

We reached the Adelaide airport after an hour. We again, went through the X-Rays, the metal detector, the quarantine and so on. Do you know, if you fail to surender any food or products to be checked or be quarantined, you can be jailed and be fined too. Wow, talk about tough laws down under. When they checked our food, especially the Indian food that we brought along, and some food that smells. When they open it, my mum had a friendly conversation with the person in charge.

"It's smelly, isn't it?" my mum asked.
"Well,there's even worst than this, trust me." the lady smiled to us and cleared us off.

That is what I called great hospitality. Unlike us Malaysians....piff.

Saw our uncle and aunt, grabbed our luggages. Off we went. As me and mum walk outside, it was so fricking cold. The wind nearly blew us away. I quickly begged aunt Sam for the keys to the car. As we went in to the car, we don't wanna get out of the car.

Reached to their place, which was great. The first person I meet was cousin Noby. Wow, his hair was so punked up. It's like messy and cool at the same time. the house is still the same, but much more warm and nice. The kitchen smells so good. Then as I went to the back of the house, there was a special room, as big as my house's living room, for playing PS2 and watching tv. There is also a PC for me to hug on.

Kaz was bald, well, near bald. Jesper.......I found him sleeping in his room.

After 2 weeks at Adelaide, uncle Mike bought me and my mum 2 airplane tickets to Melbourne to visit my mum's long time friend since secondary school, aunty Esther. They were there for each other, they were like sisters in school. The last time I meet her was like 10 years ago. Yes, 1995 was the last time I went to Australia with my mum and grandma.


Part 2 comming up

No comments: