Tuesday, September 2, 2008

River of Christ's Church Camp (Day 1)

Saturday went for a 3 days 2 nights church camp by my church, River of Christ. The venue was at Emperor Hotel, Malacca. Pastor Samson Dabbas will be the special guest speaker.

So, I'll just let the pictures do the talking for the first day of camp.

Went out like around 10 a.m. Reached there at 12 p.m. Was kinda late for the ice breaking games. But at least I did manage to played a few games before the session ends. Then, Godfrey and Jeffrey took me, Daniel, Joel and Brian for lunch at a cafe. Didn't get to pay, cuz' Jeffrey was kind enough to pay for our lunch.

Adrian was missing all the fun. Then went to Malacca Mall's pooling center, Shooters, to hit a few balls. It was my second time playing pool, I suck at it.

Jeffrey was suppose to be back at the hotel around 3 p.m for practice. But at 3 p.m, we're still at the pool center.

Then we thought we can make it back to the hotel within 5 minutes, we were so damn wrong. Heavy traffic at Jonker Street caused us to be 20 minutes late to arrive at the hotel.

Called dad to meet up at the lobby to bring the bags in. I brought along my football and futsal boots, badminton rackets and shuttlecocks. Uncle David Ramien booked a badminton court for anyone who wants to play badminton. After taking a quick shower and changed, we only had half an hour to play.

Went back to the room to rest after playing badminton. Room number 2015.



The room.




My family's 'rubbish'


The view from the room.



After having a nice cooling bath, parents and I then head for dinner.

While waiting for the lift, took this pic.


I wouldn't want the lights to be out in this place.



So after dinner, went to 2nd floor for the night service.

Worship team doing last practice before session start.

The message by Pastor Samson Dabbas was great. The topic was 'Pearl of Great Price'. The message has taught me how special and priceless we are to Jesus, and we should value his love towards us.

So after the message, I, Adrian, Joel, Jonathan walked to the nearby convenience store to buy some snacks. Adrian had a hard time to either lepak with us or go along with Michelle. Joel and Jonathan was darn pissed. So, Joel and Jonathan and I went to the store, bought Tiger biscuits and drinks.

I was seriously blur at that time. Blur until while crossing the road, I nearly was rammed by a Pajero. Yeah, that blur. Laughing all the way while skipping on the road. The Pajero was a few feet away from me. Even after the loud horn, I was still skipping away. Playing death. Thank God for protection.

Went to Joel's room to chat, then went to the food court, which was just opposite the hotel. Had drinks to cool myself down. Cartoon payed for my milo ice. Dang, again? First was Jeffrey who payed for my lunch, now Cartoon? Awwhhh.... there's always tomorrow.



Was in time to see the celebration of independence day on TV after midnight at the food court. Oh damn, just look at how many fireworks are being lighted up to the sky. Tax payers money gone just like that. LOL.

Went to Rebecca's room with Luis and Connie to lepak again, then went to Cartoon's room to lepak, again.

Watched "Liar Liar", quite a funny movie. Don't know why people don't like Jim Carey.

Went back to sleep at around 1 a.m. Its like so damn early lah for me, but what to do, must have enough sleep.

Day 2 comming up

1 comment:

Tommy said...

Sound like you have quite some fun there.