Friday, September 5, 2008

River of Christ's Church Camp (Day 2)












Woke up quite refreshed. Had breakfast after that.

So during Sunday morning session, Pastor Samson Dabbas was preaching again. Halfway throughout his message, I went to the children's Sunday school to see what activities are they up to.

Found out that they were playing Snake and Ladder.



On a life size board.

So for lunch, went to this banana leaf mamak nearby the hotel, at the Indian area. I didn't get to pay for the food, Suresh did. The food was nice by the way. Instead of the normal servings on a plate, the waiter will give you a banana leaf, out rice on it, add a few dishes on it, and for others such as fried chicken, mutton curry and so on, you'll have to ask them to bring it for you.



Connie had told me to be at the hotel lobby to get a ride to the football field to play football. Pastor Samson Dabbas and Elijah also joined. We were waiting for Godfrey, Jeffrey, Joel, Daniel and Adrian, but they were late. So we had to leave without them.

9 people had to fit into the Kia Spectra. 9 people.


Football with Pastor Samson Dabbas.

My gosh, Pastor Samson Dabbas was damn good at football. As a former Division 3 Nigerian player, and earning an international call up. But he choose God's path instead of pursuing fortune and fame. Elijah was also good too as a goalkeeper.

At one time I was called to be goalkeeper for a penalty. Guess who's the spotkick taker, Pastor Samson Dabbas himself. Before he kicked the ball, I have a 1,2,3 signal. Just miliseconds after 3, he slammed the ball to the goal. I barely moved on my goal line. That is how good pastor is.

So I decided to 'revenge'. I asked Luis and Connie to be a free kick wall. Pastor Samson Dabbas was goalkeeper. Its been a while since I played football, so I just bend it like Maccaroni Boy. A low curved shot to the right saw the ball passing Pastor Samson Dabbas for goal. I was delighted.

It was a great football match. Even though there is only 9 people. So we decided to use a goal post only, 1 goalkeeper, 2 teams of 4 players. I teamed up by Pastor Samson Dabbas.

Pastor was good at doing skills and tricks. Skills and tricks that made Luis fall to the ground so often, its like trying to embarass Luis. Pastor scored more than a hatrick of goals. This proves how good he is.

I had my chances at goal, but I wasted it. Until I was given a shot. My shot curved to the top right corner for goal. Can't say I was good, cuz' the goalkeeper was a small boy.

Pastor Samson Dabbas had a good feeling that one day, Amos will play for Malaysia in international stage.

After an hour of play, we decided its best to head back to the hotel.

While waiting for Noel to pick us up, Luis and Amos decided to play passing to kill time.

Now last night after the service, Pastor Monica made an announcement. That tonight everyone in their groups must do a drama, sketch or a song about the topic, "The Price of the Great Pearl".


In the middle of practice after dinner.

So, the first group to present was the comittee group.





Dad was playing a loan shark in his group's drama play.


I didn't know during the Old Testimant times, handphones existed.


Jeffrey was funny too.




Joel (sleeveless shirt) was playing one of the loan sharks.










Another group performing a song about the title.


Pastor Samson Dabbas 'beating' up a person.

After stealing money, one of the most funniest lines.....

Pastor Samson Dabbas : " *looks to fellow friends* Come lets go pasar malam"


Leaving him half dead on the ground.


One of the characters thought he was just acting. So all they did was to say 'God bless you' to him.


A datuk and his secretary (my mum playing that role) pass by the person. Injured person asking for help, datuk want to give, but the money comes from the secretary's salary. Secretary objected, so off they went off.


"No way, that comes from my monthly salary!!!"


A bunch of mak ciks came. They thought it was a trick.

Mak cik 1 : "Yeah right, a good looking man like you dying infront of us aunties, very funny."

One by one they went.


Until uncle Vun's character, a foreign father with his daughter (played by Abigail), decided to take the injured man to the nearest hospital.

So after the session, the results were announced. My group, Group Knowledge, got second place.

Went to eat ikan bakar with friends and their families for supper. Again mum and dad went to eat without me.

Had to travel near Muar just to eat fish.

Day 3 wasn't that much happening, I doozed off early to bed during the praise and worship. I was really sleepy. Went off at 1 p.m. Luis followed my family back. Before that went to visit grandma. Guess what, my uncle bought chocolates for me and mum again.

No comments: