Thursday, February 3, 2011

I Get Lonely Too

And here I am, celebrating first day of Chinese New Year, alone at home. Parents decided to stay back at grandma’s house till Sunday afternoon, they’ll be back. I had to come back home early just to rush my darn typography poster assignment. Oh well…..at least the house is all mine for 3 days.

Chinese New Year hasn't been fun for this year. I didn't really get to catch up with cousins, reunion dinners have their own awkward moments, like whenever we just ran out of things to say or talk about.

About my cousins, its really hard to find anything to talk about. Maybe its the age gap, I mean most of them are in their mid 20's or approaching their 30's, there's really nothing else to talk about. Is it me, or sometimes I do think myself as socially awkward. Hmm..

So from tonight till Sunday afternoon, I could really appreciate some company in the house. I just really do hope any of my friends would drop by just to accompany me. I'm not surprised if I find myself talking to the walls in my room, or to the kitchen utensils. Its not even a day and I'm trying hard not to lose my sanity. Its too quiet in the house.

No comments: