Saturday, February 9, 2008

Chinese New Year 2008

On Wednesday early in the morning, as early as 6 a.m, my family and I woke up to do last minute packing for our journey to grandma's place. Malacca!!!! Whoot!!!

Still......*yawwnn*.....sleepy. But on the bright side, my flu gone jor. Guess the flu went back hometown.

Couldn't sleep in the car, thanks alot dad. So I ended up listening to songs through my phone. Hey guys, ever heard of Michael Jackson's new song, "Wanna be Startin Somethin' 2008" with Akon. Well, wacko jacko here is comming out a 25th anniversary of his greatest album of all time, Thriller, called Thriller 25.

*Daniel does the moonwalk*

Well......"Wanna be Startin' Something 2008" ain't my favourite song, but try listening to "The Girl Is Mine 2008" with Will.I.Am. It's nice.

Ok, throughout the near 2 hour journey, the traffic was smooth and the weather was fine. Once we reached grandma's place, I quickly help out my parents to take out the luggage, and then off to the bed with the aircond on and sleep silently.

Aiya mum..............when I want to sleep, you begged me to set up the PS2 to watch "The Game Plan". Yeah...grandma's DVD player from Hong Kong died long time. "The Game Plan" was a good movie, the little girl in the movie is cute. The Rock a.k.a Dwayne Johnson's acting was ok, not too bad though.

Then....my relatives come. Changed my clothes, then great each another "GONG HEI FATT CHOI!!".

Then....line up to take ang pau...

"Eh, no second round after the first ah..." - mummy

LOL.

Then...went to the kitchen to see what was dad cooking....


Awhhhhhh.....fishy die die jor....


Ummm........rendang chicken. One of dad's best dish.


Dad in action...


Yeah.....this is what we are gonna eat for lunch....LOL!!! Mana ada?!


The 'yee sang'.







Then....makan.............

Last year never get to celebrate Chinese New Year, because of my other grandma's passing. Sigh....don't know whether on her dead bed, ded she accepted the Lord anot......I still wonder.
But this year....bagus lah....got ang pau.

Not going back to Teluk Intan, Perak for Chinese New Year. Good lah, well...yeah....it's ok.

Throughout my 3 days stay at Malacca....I've noticed something....

MY FAVOURITE CENDOL, SATAY AND PINEAPPLE TART SHOPS ARE CLOSED!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

But then again...going back to my hometown Malacca is not to just eat cendol, satay and pineapple tarts alone, also go and see my grandma mah. I enjoyed this year's Chinese New Year, hope next year will be better.

Part 2 comming up.

No comments: