Sunday, February 24, 2008

Grandma's birthday

Thankfully, this year my family and I get to celebrate my grandma's birthday. Because of my paternal grandma's passing, I couldn't even visit Malacca or go to any relatives house to visit and so on. But the best thing is....

I RECEIVE ANG PAUS

BUT MY FAMILY CANNOT DISTRIBUTE ANG PAUS TO ANYONE

Because the Chinese people say, if my family give ang pau, the ang pau will bring back luck to the receiver.

Awwwhhh....means that my family saved up alot of money!!!

Anyone of my maternal family member wanna kick the bucket (die) ?

LOL!!!

Yesterday had to go back to Malacca to celebrate grandma's 81st birthday. Mum and I had to wait for my 2 cousins to come to our house and join us for the journey. Damn...it was quite long.

Suppose to leave at 11:30 a.m. But we left at around 1 p.m.

Having to sit with 2 extra people at the back seat was very very 'san fu'. I was sweating and also unable to at least have the air-conditioner blowing towards me. Come to think of it, my butt also cannot tahan. I had to be in the same seating position for a near 2 hours until I reach Malacca. When we got down for lunch, thank God lah!!!

Reached at grandma's house at 3:15 p.m. Grandma long time never see my cousin Issac already. Last time he was the only Leong family member to have more than one piercing. Guess how many he had?

4 on the left

4 on the right

Then....kena infection. That was like long time ago.

Grandma was like.....

"Look at yourself lah, you not boy, then girl lah. Boy where got wear earing? Why don't you ask for a sex change operation?" - Grandma to my cousin, Isaac.


The picture above shows how boring it is. Trust me, you wish there was a Playstation 1 in the house. After a boring 3 hours doing nothing, finally the rest of the Leong family arrived at my grandma's place. Now, tea serving ceremony, then only take ang pau from her.

IT'S GOOD BEING A CHINESE. MONEY COME TO YOU!!!






Dad serving the tea to grandma

Mum serving the tea to grandma

Meet Uncle Mike. He's from Australia. He came all the way to Malaysia each year to celebrate his mother's birthday. He also, suppose to bring down the PS3. Too bad, his luggage too heavy jor.

Guess how did my uncle wished my grandma?

"Yum cha lah"

LOL?






"Look ma, 2 packets!!!"

My cousin Aaron

Since I'm the youngest of all my cousins, I was the last one to receive red packets from grandma.


Mac Boy : "I'll give you ang pau for tea?"
Grandma : "Huh?"


Leong family potrait...with the birthday cake.


My cousin's phone.

After the picture, the whole gin gang went to dinner to celebrate


Look at my uncle's face.........

After the dinner, went to lepak at Makohta Parade. Quite boring but what the heck lah.

No comments: