Wednesday, November 12, 2008


Went to school at 6 a.m. Yes, that early just to come to school and do final rehearsal for closing ceremony speeches for today. Tom, Cheng Heng, Jit Chern and I were the unlucky ones.. Do'h.


To be honest, 6 a.m in school is pretty much being in a soulless place. No one to talk to, no one to chat, not even a single sound to be heard. I guess Pn. Anita would love this type of atmosphere, pin-drop silence.

Cheng Heng said that he'll be at school around 6 :3- a.m, until 7 a.m baru dia muncul. That is what I call Malaysian timing.

Yesterday, our Pear Star Enterprise ExxonMobil adviser helped us with our speeches, by preparing our texts. We did our own, but it was too damn long. So Cheng Heng asked me and Tom and Kyle to meet up at McDonald's @ Leisure Mall around 8 ap.m.

Mine had 4 paragraphs, and I was given 3 minutes to present it. Cheng Heng then used his phone's stopwatch to see our time.

Guess what,I was too fast. 1 minute and 19 seconds. Fine, I'll talk slower, but it didn't help much, only 1 minute 29 second. So, Tom and Cheng Heng finished their speeches before a minute half. So Cheng Heng had to call our adviser, and he allowed us to add in some of our own text. It did help, I managed to fnish my speech in 2 minute and 25 seconds. Hooray for me.

Bus came around 7 :05 a.m. Sat next to Hak Lee, Thiam Jun bugged me to send him all of the latest English songs. He just got back his handphone after 6 months, and after 6 months without charging, the handphone left 3 battery bars. Now that's what I call good battery life.

So we reached at the Equitorial Hotel 30 minutes later. We then went up to the ball room, and took our seat. Zie Yang, Sri Ayu, and Azila and the rest set up our booth.


Slide show showing the Sport's Day DVD, and also some pics from the Cultural Evening.


The pizza is fake, made by toilet paper, coloured with Buncho poster colours.


And my cute Thumbelinas.




Pearl Star Enterprise members photos.

Taman Connaught was the first to present their presentation about their company's annual report summary. It was pretty good.

Then it was Damansara Utama (so sorry if the name was wrong). Their speech was so energetic and full of ommph, that it woke up Cheng Heng for awhile. Gotta give kudos to their C.E.O for giving us a wake up call.

Then it was the Ampang Boy's Enterprise, from the SMK Ampang school. It was good too.

Then it was SMK Seri Mutiara's turn. I totally fucked myself up. There, I said it, I fucked and screwed myself on stage, infront of the V.I.Ps, my headmistress, Encik Abdul Aziz, Pn. Rohayah, the Pearl Star Enterprise members, and infront of the other schools.

It started out after Jit Chern's speech, then it was my turn. I started it out well, until the moment I look at my palm notes, my mind was completely blank. I mind was telling me...

"Oh boy, Mac boy!!!! Not infront of the V.I.Ps and your teachers and others".

I forgot my lines, I stuttered, my face had that type of blank expression. Oh gosh. Instead of telling "Thank you, and now I would like to handover to Lin Cheng Heng", I said...

"Thank you, and now I would like to handover to Lee Jian Yuan."

Cheng Heng then was so blur, he kinda thought I switched his identity with Jian Yuan.

After the speeches for SMK Seri Mutiara, I then walked out of the room and chill, relax my mind for the time being. Thanks Jit Chern for the cheering.


Jit Chern taking the certificates for EYE participants.

Screw the awards, Damansara won it nearly all of them. But one thing for sure, nearly all of the schools really felt like punching SMK Bukit Bintang's C.E.O in the face.

When the V.I.P announced that SMK Bukit Bintang won an award, the C.E.O walked proudly, hidung tinggi, with an arrogant and cocky style. Manpreet felt like punching him, Santosh felt like kicking him in the nuts, the rest (all of the school's EYE members) were giving him the Malaysian "I beh shong you" look.

As their C.E.O walked out to take the award, one of them was like "Tepuk tepuk!!!!!"

None of the Bukit Bintang schoolmates cheered, only that bugger alone shouted that. Everyone was amused.

Who cares about the award, what I am proud of my Pearl Star Enterprise company is that we worked our asses off in every single project, and managed to get 3rd place in profits. Not bad for a new school.

One thing that I was looking forward for the day was the food. Oh boy, delicious food. The best part was its free.

Had fried rice, with curry gravy and fried chicken. I didn't know in the dessert section, they had bread pudding. Tried it, thought that my dad's homemade bread pudding was way better.


Then it was dessert time!! Second round.

Beside the chocolate cake, the one with the almond flakes, it was the best among all of the desserts.

Kyle's awkward moment.

Santosh begged for a picture with Rajdev, but there were some buggers disturbing me.

Matthew ruined the shot.


Zie Yang's peace sign says it all.


Finally, the good shot came.


Me and Azila.




Azila and me.


Me and Zie Yang.


This is the one picture that Zie Yang doesn't want me to post it. Oh well, surprise.

SMK Bandar Utama swept away the top awards, but we SMK Seri Mutiara swept away all of the food. : )

Thank God that the whole program is over, and we can now concentrate on our normal lifes from now on. I would like to thank ExxonMobil for organizing this wonderful program, to encourage us students to be part of the business world. Not only we managed to make a fortune out of our projects, but we manage to gain priceless experiences that only can be taught outside of the class room.

Thank you ExxonMobil.

No comments: