Thursday, October 1, 2009

You don't know hybrid cars, do ya?

Got a pathetic 62 for Arts. I am seriously disappointed at myself for not scoring an A2 or better for Arts. I sometimes feel like kicking myself for not grabbing the opportunity to score when it is given. After I saw my paper 2, which I thought can score at least 39-42 marks, my mood went down. I got 34 instead.

Paper one....28. Expected 34. Why oh why oh why, until now belum dapat satu A. Oh you think I'm not worried about my English paper? I'm not sure whether Pn. Azatul can help me or not.

I tell ya, sometimes teachers can be so blur (don't worry Cik.Adlina, you're not one of the many blur teachers in Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Seri Mutiara, Cheras, Kuala Lumpur). My science teacher, Pn. Azizah don't even know what is the word hybird. And she doesn't know that word existed and is now the word used for Eco-friendly cars like the Toyota Prius, Honda Civic Hybrid and many more.

There was this science question, about pollution and one of them was

Name a way to reduce air pollution problem

I write 'Use hybrid cars' and she gave me wrong. Until I explained to her in details, baru diafaham.

Then there was this question which asked us to name 2 side effects of radioactive substances, and I write 'damage to babies in mother's womb' and she gave me wrong because the word 'damage' to her, is terlalu kasar. Hello, damn right I didn't right 'destroy babies in mother's womb' and one thing that shocked me is that, she don't know what is the word 'womb' until I explained to her, in deep detail again.

I wonder, what the fuck is the education department doing here? Is this what you call a qualified teacher, who have the guts to tell my classmates that she prefers to teach Science in Bahasa Melayu than in English. Hello? Even YohnHeng understands science way better in English than Bahasa Melayu. You know, its a shame that even sometimes we student, even the most weakest ones, have better knowledge than these teachers kay, no offence this is the fact. Is just that, if we correct them, they think we are rude and not showing respect and flaunting our knowledge. Hey, it helps if both sides help each other by exchanging and trading knowledge. Teachers might know something we don't know, and we students might know something they don't know too.

Agree right?

Then they say we are rude and send us off to the disciplinary teacher to be recorded. God bless you teachers that are like that.

Look, what I'm trying to say is that the government still got time to change the whole damn system (which is screwed right now) and have Maths and Science to be taught in English. What the hell can you do with Bahasa Malaysia in the United Kingdom, United States of America, Japan, China, Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand in their respected universities and higher education institution. I just don't understand why some idiots in our beloved country wants future generations to be stuck with them by not being exposed to English teacher, and not moving forward to be better? Guess Wawasan 2020 ain't gonna be achieved.

I'm not saying Bahasa Malaysia is not good at all, its ok. Its just that, lets face the fact, English is better. Honestly. To those who don't want their sons and daughters to learn Maths and Science in English, send them to a Malay or Chinese or Tamil school where these 2 subjects are taught by their respected mother tongue, and leave us who want to move on alone.

No comments: