Monday, December 15, 2008

Rise of the Ogre

I bought my own Christmas present, from my own money. C'mon, I deserve to reward myself after a year of bullshit, retards-pissing-me-off, shit-happenings and of course....studying.

So, last year I found a newspaper review of Gorillaz's biography, "The Rise of the ogre".









Murdoc's a Satanist, so that's why he made this comment.

If you haven't heard of Gorillaz, well, here's a thing or two. Gorillaz is the world's most successful virtual band. With millions of record sold instantly, and wicked unique videos to match, and of course a awesome user-friendly official website. They even performed with Madonna for the opening act of the Grammy awards show.

You might have heard their song "Clint Eastwood". Don't ring a bell....here's a part of the song.

I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad
I got sunshine, in a bag
I'm useless,but not for long
The future is coming on
I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad
I got sunshine, in a bag
I'm useless, but not for long
The future is coming on
It's coming on
It's coming on
It's coming on

No? What about their 2005 smash hit Feel Good Inc?

Windmill windmill for the land
Turn forever hand in hand
Take it all there on your stride
It is tickling fallin' down
Love forever love is free
Turn forever you and me
windmill windmill for the land
Is everybody in?

Fine, still don't ring a bell? Youtube the damn song lah.

Gorillaz's biography is the most colourful you can get in any bookstores in the Klang Valley area.

First 2 pages of the book.


And the texts, all consist interviews between Gorillaz and the interviewer.

Gorillaz's journey as trying to become the 'world's greatest band' has its ups and downs. From Murdoc bullying the band's frontman 2D, Rusell bumping into the grim reaper, Noodle returning to her hometown Japan, having a disastrous concert at Mexico to performing with Madonna on the Grammy awards show.

The band give nightmares to hotel's housekeepers, take a look at this.


How hygienic are they?

Becoming the world's most successful virtual band also attracted worldwide media. The band also has been appearing in many magazine front covers.



Gorillaz frontman 2D with Nelly Furtado, Jay Z and Sony from P.O.D.


Gorillaz has the most awesome studio on earth. Right on the hill, Murdoc found it online. The original owners asked whether who wants to be the caretaker of the whole building. Murdoc agreed, meet the owners. Owners passed the keys, ran and began to scream off the area.

Kong Studios ain't your normal band studio. Outside there's a graveyard, where zombies would appear, kitchens, private cinema, a boxoffice, a car park, and even a hell hole. Huh?


I didn't know Gorillaz would come out so many albums. I only thought they come out only 2.



Feel Good Inc was probably the album that launch them to fame in America and the whole wide world. The song was positioned at number 1 for 10+weeks.


Gorillaz.

Yeah, for RM 70, you'll be able to enjoy 200+ pages of Gorillaz's history, and their artwork.

(Finished the book within 3 days)

No comments: