Tuesday, November 6, 2007

I got fired

On my previous post, I've stated that I've found a good job at an Italian restaurant called Venezia, next to the Taman Segar mamak (which is great). Now people, I got my fucking ass fired. Like I give a damn about you saying me being a foul mouthed ass. Let's start from the beginning to the end.

Monday afternoon, had my chicken rice at my neighbour's shop (which is great). Rushed back home to have a rest, then changed to my attire work. Rushed to Lesuire Mall, meet up with Wei Jian.

At that evening, there was a private function, some rich gal booked the whole restaurant for her party. Trust me, it's hard to work when kids are around. Everywhere, noise is being polluted.

That boss of me and Wei Jian, never even teach us a single thing. He expect us to be like robots, knowing what to do and how to do it. I got told off left and right. I don't mind being told off in a private corner, but not infont of the guests and customers. Fine, I tahan for the moment. Wei Jian also got screwed up by our boss.

One time, there was this kiddo, her plate was like, the food was finished, and like waiting for the waiter to take off the plate. So I went to do it...... I asked the kiddo, she said she haven't finish. So I went off to another table. Then boss come to me....

'Why you didn't take that bloody plate.......*curses in Italian...*....."

GOD DAMN YOU MAT SALLEHS!!!

So for yesterday, I and Wei Jian got pissed off. We kept quite for the moment. I only went back like about 11 p.m +. Didn't eat dinner, only had supper at the next door mamak. Eh you bloody Italian, at least provide us dinner for God's sake. Furthermore, you didn't even let us drink a sip of water, also never let us have a seat once the bloody function was over. Fine....hopefully on Tuesday it will be better than today.



Tuesday, after attending a lunch session for prefects, by Pn. Anita, I rush back home, ate pizza again cooked by my dad, had an hour of sleep, changed and go to my workplace.

Boss asked us to come at 5:30 p.m

We were there at 5:23 p.m

Guess what time the boss came? 5:40 p.m. Wah, damn punctual lah you Italians...what? Still cannot adapt our time zone ah. Go back to Italy lah!!

Went to do my usual duty, washing the cups and glasses. Suddenly some Italian customers came, boss went to dine with them. Omar, my senior, told me that the boss would sometimes dine with his friends who come and visit his restaurant whenever he like. Fine.

Then customers slowly came along. Omar was very kind enough to teach me how to make drinks from the menu, how to prepare them, what to do and where to do it. At least he teach me something new.

After a few customers, the place is slowly getting crowded. Wei Jian was busy with his job, so am I.

One particular moment that the boss had me screwed up is when I was washing lots of cups and glasses, I didn't know that there were orders again. I didnt even see it. He asked me to be faster.

How fast you want me to be? I'm not an octopus for God's sake. Can you please be patient and give me a few minutes before I prepare the drinks?!

But before that, there was this Italian waiter, properly one of the boss's relative, like I wanna know who is he...............he asked me to make Ice Lemon Tea.......less ice (in a soft tone)

I was so bloody far from that waiter, I didn't know what to do!! What, if you speak louder enough, you think I will laugh at your accent? Christ!! Grow up would you, I'm serious about my bloody work!! SO......I as usual, put the normal amount of ice. He took the drink, served it to the customer.

Then he come back..........

"Less ice please..."

Finally......you speak loud enough for me to hear. So I have to do the bloody drink again.

Boss saw me doing that mistake, he's quite pissed. So am I.

The the bloody Italian waiter come again, holding to glasses to me.

"Pour warm water in these glasses....." he said.

I thought for a sec, Omar told me that hot or warm water to be in a white cup, not the glasses. But the waiter ask me so, so I follow instructions.

As I hold the 2 warm glasses, Kak Stella, one of a few good co-workers that are trying to help us (me and Wei Jian), said that I've done the wrong thing. I was like...

'Kak Stella, dia suruh saya buat macam ni!!" I replied in a fustrated tone. I didn't mean to....

Boss look at me, went to me, slam the orders to the desk, told me off by saying....

"Get the FUCK out of here!"

Fine.....I get the FUCK out of here you faggot. Then next time, you smart fuck, hire more people to work for you!!

I stood at one corner, wiping off the sweat.

Then........a few minutes later, Wei Jian was ordered to get 'lost' too. LOL. Guess it's the end for us.

Boss came....he was like...

"Remove the aprons and get the hell out of here!" he went off.

I was so angry, we didn't even get paid after all the hard work. On Monday, because of the late hours of work, we were forced to eat mamak for dinner, as our parents didn't prepare late dinner for us. We kinda felt that we got used. Guess that boss of our must have fired newbies every 2 days, then hire innocent people like us to work, then fire. Hmm....saving up workers salary huh? Nice one you Italian..........

My mum and dad was like shocked, they wanted to confront with the boss of Venezia. I just told them it ain't worth it.

My parents took me and Wei Jian to Taman Connaught mamak to eat. The nasi lemak way better than what Venezia has to offer. Cheap and nice. Thumbs up!!!

All the hard work, comes to nothing. Don't go to Venezia to eat people!! Even though it's the last restaurant on earth, I rather go starving mad than to eat their food.

Omar, Kak Stella, and the rest, there is better jobs for you all. Good luck!!

Oh yeah.......my mum yesterday night told me one of the best things I've ever heard about Italians, and it's a fact....

"Italians are the rudest people on earth, trust me son. They think that just because they are white, that they can boss people around, especially local workers. One day that boss of yours is gonna get into trouble. I think his car got scratched alot of times...."

"Mum, he's driving a Mitsubishi Storm........"

"Still can kena scratch mah..........."

LOL...thanks mum for cheering me up.



















Thank God, I no need to go back to work. I can enjoy reruns of "The Simpsons" again!!!

No comments: