Wednesday, December 26, 2007

X-mas and Christmas...........

As a Christian, it kinda offends me whenever people wish me "Merry X-Mas" instead of "Merry Christmas". So tell me, what's the difference between X-mas and Christmas?

Both share the same meaning, except for the spelling. I wonder...........

Why newspapers are encouraging people to spell wrongly Christmas to X-mas?

Is it because of our 'aiya-nevermind-lah attitude?

What? Typing X-mas won't hurt any single Christian feelings? Especially X-ing 'Christ'?

It really hurts me whenever I see "X-Mas" in Newspapers, shopping malls, saloons, restaurants and so on. Its like X-ing Christ.

What's the point of celebrating Christmas when there's X-mas? Christmas without Christ is a sad case, I'm serious.



Oh yeah, Christmas ain't all about shopping, sales at Mid Valley or Pavilion, or about eating Turkey, or about a fat old bloke dress in red, asking you to sit on his lap and tell him what you want. No, Santa Claus ain't part of Christianity. It's a man made character with man made stories.

You materialistic people need to go to church on Christmas before you do your shoppings, let the pastor get into your mind and tell you the true meaning of Christmas.

Christmas to me, is to remember the birth of a savior, named Jesus Christ. What? Don't know who is Jesus ah? Jesus Christ is the one who died for each and everyone's sin, including you and me. But some choose not to believe.

But before he died for us, I'll tell you how he was born.

Jesus was born to the Virgin Mary, who is also Joseph's wife, in a city called Bethlehem. The birth of Jesus Christ took place in a manger. Since there were no place in the inn, Mary wrapped Jesus in cloths and place him in a manger. Surrounded by farm animals, it was such a beautiful night to remember. Far far away, there were 3 wise men, whom followed a star called "The Star of Bethlehem", and found Jesus, and presented him with gold, frankincense and myrrh.

You see, this isn't any ordinary child that was born to this Earth. The child, died for us to forgive us and wash away our sins. Christianity is not a religion, its a personal relationship with God. Jesus is our friend, and he will always be.

We were once God's enemies, for we have sinned alot. But because he loved us so much as his creation to his planet, he sent his only begotten son to die for us and to forgive us. No one in the history of mankind, has shed his blood and died for you and me. No one, but Jesus Christ himself.

I dare you readers to name me any other man other than Jesus Christ that died for you and forgives for your sins and burdens.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16.

God wants to be your friend, he don't want to have a 'master and slave' relationship with us, he wants to have a 'father a son/daughter' relationship with us. For he created us , and he is our beloved Father in heaven.

I'm really sad for people who treated 25th December as a day for parties, Turkey eating day, sales on their favourite items in shopping malls, or a day to see Santa.

This time, I had a wonderful Christmas. I get to spend it with my church members and my parents too.

No comments: