Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cahaya Auto a bunch of cocks

After the Tesco trip, dad decided to take me to the nearest car dealer, the one next to Caltex at Taman Segar. I forgot what is the name of the car dealer but I found the salesperson put an ad at Mudah.com.my trying to sell a S Spec Toyota Vios. So here's the pictures from the website.




Millage is 23k+ and the next service change is 30k+. There was a small little dent due to opening the car door and it made contact with the car parked next to it. Mum was asking me why of all colours black?

"So that you don't wanna wash the car issit?" LOL!!!

Anyway the price was RM 75000 after negotiating with the salesperson, RM 73K, but the interest rate is 3.88% :(

Dad told me to go look around at other car dealers and who knows we might get cheaper price. For those who know where I stay, Cahaya Autos is located just behind my house, so why not go there and check? I mean, I'm sure they are good because they always advertise at Motor Trader with 2 pages (bad idea to think like that)

So I walked all the way to Cahaya Autos, part of the YB Group which is one of Malaysia's largest import and local car dealers in Malaysia. They have a few branches around Malaysia.

Now what I'm about to reveal to you about the true colours of Cahaya Autos, Cheras may shock you all.

I walked into their lot, and to my surprise, non of the salesperson care to layan me. Damn it, just because I wear shorts and slippers doesn't mean you can judge a person's attire whether he customer of a foreign worker (yes, I was mistaken as a foreigner by a policemen while walking back from Leisure Mall a few months ago. No joke.) Bugger, just because I look like a blur blur small boy doesn't mean I am not your future customer for God's sake.

So anyway, I walked to the nearest worker, a Chinese middle-aged looking man. I spoke to him in English (Yes, I do that because I expect a car salesperson to know at least how to communicate bilingually or more than 2 languages to add to his/her advantages), facka don't understand a word I am saying.

Me : Erm, excuse me is that Toyota Vios S Spec parked outside for sell?
Worker : Hah?
Me : Is that car, Toyota Vios, parked outside for sale?
Worker : *yells at another salesperson, a young man to attend to me*

You arse, next time just tell me nicely to attend to that salesperson since you don't understand ENGLISH.

Me : Excuse me, do you speak English or Mandarin?
Young Salesperson : Both also no problem.
Me : Ok (thank goodness!!) I would like to enquire about the Toyota Vios, the black one S Spec parked outside, you guys selling it right?
Young Salesperson : Yes yes yes we're selling it, hold on a second. *calls another bloke to attend to me*

What you bloody sod?! You think I wasting your time issit?

A Malay salesperson attended to me and took me to view the car. He introduced himself, named Zaki

Me : What year is this?
Zaki : Oh this one 2007.

o.O?! 2007? I don't remember Toyota Malaysia comming out a S Spec for Vios in 2007

Me : Ok......how much is it?
Zaki : RM 69,000

O.o?! RM 69,000 you must be kidding me, unless this car got accident before.

Then out of the sudden, Zaki asked me whether I wanna look at the other Vios models. And before I can give my answer, he took me for tiring leg-torturing tour.

He introduced me to a 2006 green Vios with rims. I told you, I'm only interested in that S Spec Vios. He then showed me a grey 2004 E Spec Vios. I told you, I'm only interested in that S Spec Vios. Then we both continued walking. Halfway walking he walked into his office and took a document without informing me. Gosh I would feel like an idiot if I continue walking like a blur case. At least I get to look around the cars that were available in the lot. A few Aston Martins, a Maserati, a few Porches, a few John Cooper Minis and quite alot of Beemers and Mercs. And alot of Protons lying around dying to get a owner. I saw this ugly looking Proton Gen 2, rear lights with the owner trying so hard to change it to look like the current Lancer rear lights. Stickers with a Mitsubishi word on it. Identity crisis lah this car owner.

Anyway, after Zaki took the documents, we then walked all the way back to the car that I wanted to enquire. There was something fishy with that Vios.

1) Millage is 59k+ but the service sticker (the one pasted on your front windscreen top right corner) stated next change is 58K+. Hmmm....
2) Car was so dirty. Well, not dirty dirty, just that there were mud stains on the bumper and some sand stuck too. I managed to clean it off.
3) I asked Zaki about the millage and why is it exceeding the supposed millage change, he told me he'll settle for me and put a new sticker. Hello?! One of the most important aspect in maintaining the car in good condition is to check the millage. You want my engine to break down in the middle of the road while driving ah?

Salesperson got all the car information wrong. The car was year 2008, and he told me it was 2007. He then corrected saying its 2008. He told me earlier the price was RM 69K, he then told me it was RM78K.

RM78K!!! Diu, I buy J Spec and mod still cheaper than the E Spec.

He called his boss, after discussing. RM 77k. =.=" He then offer me a free paint job, a new one and a rear skirt. Erm, hello, the skirt is already installed! Paint job? It takes a week to do it. You mean cleaning is it?

After talking, he then gave out his name card and I told him I'm think about it. I walked home, having the feeling like I was ripped off.

Zaki, please get your facts right next time because customers like me will have a bad impression on you. Cahaya Autos, within just 15 minutes of my visit to your location, I can see alot of flaws, plenty of them. Salesperson being cocky and arrogant, not able to communicate well with the customers and also getting car facts wrong.

And one more thing, just because I small boy wearing casually and with slippers doesn't mean I don't look like a customer to you. You motherfucks, don't judge a book by its cover. Just because I'm still new into getting 2nd hand cars doesn't mean you get to push me around. You should be thankful that I didn't yell at you and asking who is suppose to be the salesperson attending me!!

Conclusion, Cahaya Auto is one screwed up car dealer to deal with. I advise you all who's reading this, tell any of your friends who intend to get a used car, do not give business to Cahaya Autos.

1 comment:

ruki kenishiro said...

i feel you dude.. very well documented experience.. i feel you, because i got ripped off too.. but dats history, i wish i was better prepared back then just as you are right now..

congrats to you for being really sticking to your objective and at the very least has clear knowledge of what you want..