Tuesday, August 12, 2008

ExxonMobil Sales Week

ExxonMobil had a EYE Sales week at their own headquarters near KLCC. I was selected to go for Thursday's event.

So as usual, mum dropped me at Tom's place, just like last time. Tom's dad decided to stop us at Tun Razak LRT station. Meet up with Cheng Heng. Wei Jian will be waiting at Jalan Melaka for us for breakfast.

Reached at ExxonMobil's HQ at 7:55 a.m. Wanted to go early to prepare the stall.

We had to go to our adviser's office to get our stuffs. And what a view....


Mind you that these aren't rubbish.


Cheng Heng, fascinated by the plant.











Yeah....wanna know one of Pearl Star Enterprise's products that we sold last Thursday?

Kerepek, oily fattening kerepek.


Its so oily, you can see oil sticking on the plastic. Boy, kerepek is sure healthy.


Don't worry, we won't be selling just one pack only, what about a bag of 'healthy' kerepeks for the workers of ExxonMobil? Hmm....tasty.


Sri Ayu berlagak.


Tom and Cheng Heng chillin'

As we got down from the 23rd floor to lobby by cargo lift, we immediately arranged our products. From brooches to books to pendrives and shirts fresh from the factory.

Ok, for the whole day, we were very very very worked out. I and, Azila and Tom had to stand infront of the main entrance to attract people to buy our products. In fact, I have to stand next to Damansara's EYE team, Trixxon. Oh Lord, their promoters are really frickin' annoying.

The best part was, I get to wear a sandwich cardboard over me. How cool was that?

Oh yeah, I used all of my right hand fingers to hang the Thumbelina dolls. So, my right hand fingers were numb for 2 hours.

11 a.m to 12 :30 p.m was the so called 'rush hour'. I thought it would be easy to lure them to our booth, but I was so wrong.

The workers were in a hurry for their lunch and tea time. As all of the workers walk to the entrance door, I and Tom had to be as annoying as Trixxon's promoter.

"Hello sir, aren't these dolls cute? Head on down to our stall, right over there. Thank You."

"1 for RM4 , 3 for RM 10. Get these dolls now before its too late."

"Miss, get these Thumbelina dolls for your friends and family. You won't get them anywhere in Malaysia."

Yeah, one of the many scripted lines I used for attracting customers.

At least Wei Jian was as hardworking as us. He did manage to get customers buying peanuts and kerepeks.

We only had 3 minutes of curi-curi breaks before we resume our work.





That's how I and Tom hung the Thumbelinas on our fingers.


Not even one bought a Thumbelina doll, so I have to cut the price.


You happy? I not.

After an unhappy Maccaroni Boy cut down the price of the Thumbelina Dolls, finally got people started to buy. Phew...


Sri Ayu and Azila.

2 p.m and everyone was hungry. So Cheng Heng, Tom and I decided to go off to KLCC to buy back KFC. Wei Jian couldn't take along, Cik Chan wanted him to help out in the stall.


My Maccaroni senses and tinggling.....its gonna rain.

After buying back a bucket of 21 fried chickens, we were stuck in KLCC because of the rain. So the 3 of us have to use the long way back to ExxonMobil. We had to walk through the KL Converntion Centre, then turn right to Traders Hotel, and run under the rain to ExxonMobil HQ.

That was Cheng Heng's idea.


While walking through the convention centre's corridor, I and Tom were forced to listen to Cheng Heng and his girlfriend's conversation. Cheesy conversation, not lovely at all.

Tom and I felt like vomiting.



Back at ExxonMobil's HQ all wet. The teachers and us then rushed to eat KFC. I told Cheng Heng to buy 15 chickens, but he wants 21. Where did we get the money from? Adviser gave.

I noticed that Exxonmobil's HQ has a wall fountain.



But you don't know how clean it is.


One thing I like about ExxonMobil's HQ is the security doors for the employers and employees.

After 4 p.m there is still people last-minute buying stuffs from us.







Cheng Heng and his Seri Ampang EYE friend.



Ever wondered how rusty is Cik Chan's car?

I was helping Cik Chan carrying the stocks into her car, her rusty ol' car. As I put in the stocks of our products in, my mouth terkena her rusty roof. Eeeeyewwww!!!

Fuck, tasted like rust metal.

Walked around in KLCC.....saw the Twin Towels made up by Lego bricks.


Then rushed to Masjid Jamek LRT Station.



Damn the rush hour. Damn.

When we were at Jalan Melaka's LRT Station, we lost Cheng Heng and Tom. So I and Wei Jian had to be seperated by them. While in the train, we were so tired, we fell asleep until we hopped off at Miharja. We were forced to walk to the other side and took the train to Chan Sow Lin, switch to the Tun Razak train again. It wasted us nearly an hour time.

I was late for tuition, well, I missed tuition.

Wei Jian and I joined Kyle and Santosh for dinner at Indian Hero.

And was shocked to see Santosh's handphone. So creative.

No comments: