Saturday, August 23, 2008

Mum's early birthday present

Next time, remind to sleep properly. Now I'm suffering from body aching and neck pain because of yesterday's badminton session and sleeping the wrong way. So after having breakfast with parents, dad and I had a secret chat. I suggested buying mum a handphone so that

a) Her church friends will stop bugging me
b) Her relatives will stop disturbing me while I'm out
c) Her friends' SMSes will annoy me.
d) So that I can contact her.

So dad and I went to Plaza Low Yat by bike. Plaza Low Yat was quite quiet today. So decided to buy a new PC mouse. Our current mouse is like 10 years old and works like shyte. Stumble upon this PC shop which has a cute yellow mouse with a small cute bus. Cost RM 20 only.

So after going to different phone shops to see mum's phone, a phone caught my eye. It was the Nokia 3500 Classic. First shop at Low Yat's handphone floor was selling RM 515 after charging credit card fees. Dad and I don't like the price, so we went to another nearby phone kiosk. I had trouble remembering the name of the Nokia model. So while we were at this other phone shop, which was nearby a Nokia dealer, I went over to that Nokia kiosk, asked about the phone that I wanted. After they show me, told me the price, I walked back to dad and the other phone dealer and told him about the model.

Nokia kiosk selling RM 548 for Nokia 3500

Samsung Mobile selling RM 480 for Nokia 3500

Thank God for Samsung Mobile selling Nokia phones too. Dad also wanted to buy a screen protector for his phone and mum's phone. So all together, RM 500. Dad and I made a deal, RM 250 each shared to pay. There goes my PS3 savings.


On the way home.

Once we reached home, I gave my mum the present. She thought I was joking, until she took out the box. Her face changed and she was full of joy. Macam dah kena lottery.





I welcome a new Nokia phone into the family.

My parents and I wouldn't even dream about using any phones other than Nokia.












The Nokia 3500's package is simple yet function packed.

With Bluetooth Class 2.0, 2 Megapixel camera, Music player, MicroSD card support until 2GB, Internet and so on, for RM 480, this is a bargain phone. But one thing I don't like about this phone is the camera without flash, screen might be quite small, keypads are irritating and that's it. Oh yeah, since the package doesn't include a USB cable (which really really comes in handy), so I have to take out the battery, take out the MicroSD card which was freakin' small, insert the card into my memory card reader. If you don't have a memory card reader, forget about listening to your favourite songs in this phone.

Ma fan handphone.








Pink!!!! Pink alert!!!

Dad was amazed that the phone can listen to the radio. He took the phone, asked me to connect the provided headset, and off he went with the phone, listening to the radio and doing his gardening.


I had to wait 30 minutes then only he is willing to give back the phone for me to check.


The casing for the phone cost RM 10.


Thank God, at least the instruction manual is in English. My Nokia N73 is all in Finish language.




Mum's favourite past time is in her handphone already. Thank you Nokia. You really connected people at the right time.


The phone's menus



Finally, I can get rid of my old PC mouse. I got a new mouse, proberly the cutest mouse that I own.

Ta-dah.






Awwhhhh......my mouse trying to become that yellow double decker bus.


The mouse can be either connected through USB or the old fashion way, PS/2.

You know, for RM 20, you'll get to own this mouse. What I like about this new mouse of mine is that the movement of the mouse is good, very responsive. Its yellow colour, small, has 2 connections and the price is cheap.

One thing that I don't like about this mouse is the surface. I was so worried that I'll scratch that nice 'skin' of the mouse.

What a day, Kerrie's birthday is just minutes away.

No comments: