Monday, July 6, 2009

Nokia 5730 XpressMusic




Bye bye N73......you may have serve me well, but a music phone with QWERTY keyboard for messaging and Wifi and an expandable 8GB memory, all I can say is you're gonna leave this year.

I won't be missing your easy to rust joystick, the annoying lagging whenever I multitask. Damn, I won't miss you about your Wi-Fi absence. And for once I can message at instant speed. And what about a landscape view? Haha, I won't miss being able to view my menus at one style only.

Never would I need to jimat cermat on my memory usage. Oh yes!!!

*edited*

I've tested the Nokia 5730 XpressMusic, thanks to Leisure Mall's Nokia shop for giving me a hands-on test. And honestly, I think its the second best music phone after the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic. The one feature that really made my mind into changing my phone to the Nokia 5730 XpressMusic is the QWERTY Keyboard. Yes, text messaging was a breeze, but I was kinda worried if whenever I slide the keyboard out, it would turn loose. 0.0.

Screen resolution was great. Very very much more improved. It makes my N73 screen resolution look so darn ugly. 2006 ugly. Oh yeah, did I mention the new feature called the Homescreen. Notice the second picture I posted above? Now do you see a few contacts pictures. Well, you can choose 20 of them to be featured in your Homescreen and see them online. Know what are they doing and what songs are they listening.

The Nokia 5730 is loaded with cool applications. Maps and Facebook, Ovi service, Youtube, Flickr and so on. Can you imagine, Facebook on Nokia. Cool!!! What's the best thing about this phone is that it has WiFi network and you can surf the web for free in any cafe, restaurants, kopitiams that have WiFi service. YES!!

Music player is the same as my N73, only thing is that once you enable landscape mode/screen rotation mode, you'll get a whole lotta different experiences.

Speaking of music, Nokia 5730 has dedicated music keypads, like any other XpressMusic phones in the market. And like the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, you'll get a membership card and you can download 1000 songs for free, thanks to Nokia. F

For music junkies like me, if 2gb ain't enough, then 8gb will do. Now if 8gb still not good for ya, how about 16gb. Good God!!!

As for the camera, I didn't have the chance to try it. I was still playing with the QWERTY keyboard. : ) But I know its a 3.2 Megapixel Carl Zeiss LED camera. Sad part is....no camera cover. Sigh, have to be very careful not to scratch it.

I checked the price tag for this one, and it made me wanna shed tears of joy. For RM 1350 (yes people, no bullshit, this is for real), you get a music phone with wifi, 3.2 Carl Zeis LED camera, a VGA secondary camera, loads of apps, N-Gage, QWERTY Keyboard for texting and so much more. Now, who wants it?

Will do a review once I get this phone. Bye bye N73

No comments: