Friday, January 8, 2010

3rd World Mentality?

I'm not sure how many of you all bother reading today's newspapers, I bet most of you all either never read, skip to the sports section to read news regarding the Barclay's Premier League or to the gossip pages. I'm not sure how many of you all had tuned in to the local news every night at 8 p.m to see what has happened to our dear country.

On December 31st 2009, The High Court ruled that a Catholic newspaper have the permission to use the word "Allah" to describe God. That one decision then caused one of the most sensitive issues at the beginning of the new year.

Extremists then started to cause trouble. Political parties *cough Perak UMNO* got nothing to do but to politicize this issue that is still sensitive in this nation. I don't understand you people, you're suppose to be looking out on how the country is supposed to be but not being itchy and making a big deal of everything that is happening.

Then some group wants to protest and hand over a memorandum to the Sultan of Selangor to protest the High Court ruling.

Then, a news at Yahoo shocked me. A Malaysian Church has been fire-bombed. I'm actually very saddened to see such things happened over here, where our Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak has been constantly asking us to be 1Malaysian regardless of race, religion and background. And yet this is happening.

Look, after reading this, I want you all to not paint the picture of the Muslims in Malaysia as the bad people and start to have hatred towards them because by doing this, it makes us no different than the people who stage protests and fire-bomb worshipping places. Its the extremists, the selfish, one track minded driven people that caused this. So please, I'm not trying to send the wrong message here because I believe that a country like Malaysia with different race, religion and so can live together in one accord.

So guys, as I'm typing this blog post, KL is quite 'busy' now so for the time being, I'll be staying back at home and pray :D

No comments: