Friday, June 26, 2009

R.I.P The King of Pop

I am very very saddened over the news of one of my favourite entertainer's death, Michael Jackson. The youngest of the Jackson 5 died this morning at 5:40 a.m.

Ian told me the news, I thought he was kidding. Then Venu told me the same thing, Sam also. Sigh, I grew up listening to his music.

Damn, can you name me an artist that broke the barrier between black and white music, and reuniting them at the same time? Can you name me another artiste that has the coolest dance moves, and you're inspired to learn everystep he does?


Remember this gravity defying lean, damn still looks cool in the 21st century.


Moonwalking.......never gets old.

Michael Jackson died of Cardiac Arrest this morning, at a still young age of 50. Sigh, all the lousy singers/ entertainers are still alive while the good ones like Tupac, Biggie, Bernie Mac, James Brown and so on dies. I'm still waiting for Vanilla Ice to die, Soulja Boy on the next list.

Its never too late to listen back his songs, from the song "Ben" with his brothers in Jackson 5, to "Smooth Criminal", "That Girl is Mine" with Paul McCartney, "Thriller", "Bad", "Beat It", 'Don't Stop Till' You Get Enough", 'Rock With You", the message driven "Black and White", "You Are Not Alone", "Scream" and my favourite...."Smooth Criminal". which has the most expensive music video cost in the record books (7 million moolahs mind you) . Yeah, these are the hits Micheal Jackson has contributed to radio.

The amount of awards, need I say more?

Mike's life changed from King of Pop to King of Freakish scandals. Remember his 2005 child sexual abuse case? Media went crazy, news all over the world, Late Night show hosts making fun of him and so on. But thank God after months of trial, he was finally acquitted of all charges.

From that day onwards, Michael Jackson never released any albums anymore. He went hidden from the entertainment scene, rarely heard of him.

Then in 2008, in conjunction with 25 years since the release of the most celebrated album of music history, "Thriller", Michael released 'Thriller 25" along with new songs with collaborations with today's popular artiste like Akon, Will.i.Am, Fergie and the ego-controlled Kanye West. My favourite was "The Girl Is Mine" featuring Will.i.Am. The Kanye West remix of Billie Jean was rubbish.

I'm actually feeling very down know, I mean, knowing an artiste that you grow up looking up to and supporting for years. Haha, well, good things have to come to an end. Rest in peace Michael Jackson, you rocked our world for sure, and taught us what is black and what is white. King of Pop changed my life, and I'm sure he definitely changed yours.



Michael Jackson, August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009

No comments: