Saturday, June 6, 2009

I just can't get enough of Transformers


Ok, Transformers is coming out soon this month and I'm so frickin' excited. To be honest, I wasn't very much into Transformers because I don't have cable tv at that time (Cartoon Network was airing the animation series rite?). Yeah, parents canceled the cartoon channels so that I won't get addicted to cartoons.

Well, things change for me in 2007. I heard that Transformers The official movie was coming out and I'm bound to expect alot of CGI's in it. Well, there's no way they gonna actually build a real transformer and transform whenever they like, so they have to use computer graphics for sure.

I have a habit of thinking that anything from a cartoon series debuting on the big screen gonna be a flop, but what caught my attention was that Steven Speilberg was the executive producer for this film. And the shocking part is...Micheal Bay is directing it. Micheal's work including Bad Boys 2. So I thought Transformers is gonna be so action packed.

Even though I read that Steven Speilberg is the executive producer for the film, with Micheal Bay directing it, I wasn't fully convinced about a Transformers movie. Until one of my friends sent me a link of a Transformers movie trailer.

And damn, I was blown away. I was introduced to Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, Iron Hide, Jazz (the Autobots) and Starscream, Megatron, Frenzy and the others.

I was in the middle of doing research for my Moral project, but I ended up researching about Transformers.

I even set aside all plans on the day of the release of Transformers. I booked the tickets online (Golden Screen Cinemas God bless ya!!!), rushed from school and went to the cinema.

Watching the Transformers battling metal to metal brings the inner child of me. C'mon, I'm sure you all wanted to cheer out loud for Bumblebee when he's going against Barricade. Or maybe before that, I'm sure you feel kiddish excited when you get to see Bumblebee transforming in such an awesome way.


Still awesome.

Or what about when Optimus Prime transform himself from 18 Wheeler. Damn, you'd wish you were in Sam's position.

Throughout the 143 minutes of the film, I wish that there were more Autobots versus Decepticons battle scenes. I thought Megatron would defeat Opty for sure (you gotta admit, Opty sure looks weak going against Mega), but then it happened to be one of the most unexpected end of the battle between them 2. All Optimus Prime did was inserting the Allspark Cube into Megatron's chest. I want Megatron to be torn into pieces!!!

Oh yeah, did I mention Optimus Prime's weapon, two retractable energon blades that extend from both forearms. Those blades kick ass when Optimus was fighting against Bonecrusher (hope my memory aint wrong)

After the movie ends, I really thought of going for a second one, but time permits me from doing so (have alot of homework to do, PMR year).

Back at school, I don't know why I ever thought of every car passing by me would transform and go one on one against another car. Can you imagine Rapid KL Bus going against Metro Bus? That would be so awesome, battling for passengers. Then the taxis would interfere.

Right, I did manage to go for a second Transformer movie outing, and nearly bought the later movie session. You can say I was really addicted to Transformers after watching the trailer for it.

2 years past, and the Transformer fever is still in me. Was so excited when they announced that Transformers 2 : Revenge of the Fallen is coming out this year. And the best part is, it has alot of new robots in it.

And one of them is Constructicons. Its like a massive robot formed by several combining construction vehicles, who walks in a four-legged fashion resembling a gorilla. I watched the Official Trailer for Transformers 2 : Revenge of the fallen at nuffnang.com.my, the Constructicons looks unstoppable. But I know Optimus Prime and gang will find a way to defeat that big meanie.

And.......*spoilers* do you know Megatron is back? I know, I mean, how can they just dispose him in the middle of the cold ocean. Decepticons are high tech for God's sake, they come from space!!!!

Nuffnang.com is proud to organize the premiere screening of Transformers 2 : Revenge of the Fallen courtesy of United International Pictures Malaysia (wheee!!!). The premiere screening will be held at Mid Valley's Golden Screen Cinema on the 22nd of June (Monday), 9:15 p.m.

Nuffnang is giving out 30 pair of tickets for this exclusive Premiere screening, and I want to be one of the lucky 30.

YES NUFFNANG, HEAR MY CRY!!! I WANNA GO TO THE PREMIERE SCREENING!!!! I WANNA SEE METAL ACTION!!!! I'll cancel all my plans on that day just for the screening!!!

No comments: