Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Me know Chinese

Yes Zhuin, I know Mandarin and Cantonese. I guess most of ya'll are surprised rite? Daniel, speaking and knowing how to right Chinese. Don't tell me you all tak tau I from S.J.K (c) Tsun Jin ah? Wei, most of you all know me for so long also don't know meh?

Sei lor.......I'm so dissapointed at you all.

Yeah, dad forced me to go study at a Chinese school. I wanted to go to SK Taman Segar. Chinese schools, they tend to give you alot of homeworks as much as possible with a 24 hour deadline. For 6 years, I've been going back home late and waking up early. Standard 1-3, afternoon session, go back home at 6. Standard 4-6, reach home at 5 p.m.

The one homework I hate doing is caligraphy. Yes, I don't like to write with the Chinese brush. I have still yet to hold that damn brush the proper way. But one homework I love doing is.........maths. I have to admit it, mathematics in Chinese is so fun, and easy. I know, I'm English educated but I really do find Mathematics in Chinese is easy. Hey, I got an A for Maths for UPSR test.

6 years I've learnt Chinese. And now if you ask me to write an essay in Chinese......I'll get lost. I thought I could get away from learning Chinese in secondary school, but I was wrong. Dad force me to continue picking it up in form 1 and 2. Out of 8 exams, I failed 5 times. Until form 3 I told my dad I wasn't interested in learning Chinese already, and I give up already.

Finally, dad allowed me. So sorry dad, Mandarin is not my thing. But at least I can still speak....

No comments: