Monday, June 22, 2009

My father, my role model

Father's day just passed, and because of the Internet connection, I had to postponed this Father's Day post.

My dad has been the sole provider for the family financially. Yeah, without him working, I'm not even able to afford my needs and my wants. Yeah, he's the pillar of the family.

My dad is 60 now, and its amazing that he ain't got a single white hair after all these years of arguing and rebelling against him.

To be honest with you, I wasn't that close to my dad during primary school years because he was busy with work at the hotel. Working as a sous chef at Regent Hotel is tough. He'll be getting the lecturing before he gets to lecture the people under him.

Going to work early, and coming back late. That ain't the job that I want for my dad to have. I remember for 3 days straight, I didn't get to see him at home.

Dad's education is only until Form 5, but that doesn't stop him from going to the city, leaving the kampung life and explore. Dad started out working as a painter, then a waiter, then only start his job in the kitchen. After years of hard work, finally he got the sous chef rank. (Note : Not sauce chef, sous. So-u-s)

Dad has meet alot of celebrities and politic figures while working at the hotel. Tun Dr Mahathir, Cindy Crawford, Stepp Blatter (President of FIFA) and just to name a few. His contract ended on the year-end of 2005. Boss wants him to stay, he wants to leave.

After retiring in 2005, he then later on went back to work at Tunku Abdul Rahman College as a lecturer chef in hospitality course.

Dad's number one wish is to see me go to college, the one place he didn't had the chance to further his studies. His form 5 exam results were excellent, but because of poverty, he had to end his education journey already.

I know after all these years, I haven't been a obedient son to him. I argued with him, rebelled against him, didn't do well in my PMR, and definitely dissapointed him in alot of ways.

LOL, I remember one time I pierced my ears without his permission, he gave me one of the worst lectures in my teenage life. But now he's accepting me the way I am. Haha, what to do cuz that's just me.

Dad, I know I ain't the perfect son you wanted me to be, but I had tried to. This year you'll be worrying about me so much. Mum told me that everyday you have never failed to pray to God or my safety in anywhere I am. You've been worrying about the friends I've been mixing, the activities I've let myself get involved and so on.

Thank God for the past 2 years, God gave me time to patch things up with you, fixing the father-son relationship. Dad, I'll promise you that I'll go to college with good results. I will.

Its been awhile since I had a picture taken with dad, and this will be the one that I will not forget. Still not a single strand of white hair after all these years. Thanks for your love and caring towards me and mum.

Happy Father's Day dad, I love ya!!! :)

No comments: