Friday, May 29, 2009

Teacher's Day

Teacher's Day performance today was great.

Woke up earlier than usual, 6:15 a.m. Sin Wi's mum fetched me to school today, dad couldn't cause he have to prepare for college work.

Went to the hall to practice the songs. Carmen Ten's self-written song was ok, better than yesterday's practice. Then Ivan and I did last minute practices for Encik Saari's song, a cover of one of Bee Gee's hits, "I started a joke".

After a few rounds of practice, went to the assembly grounds to see the teachers and students participating some games. Futsal, bola jaring and even dodgeball. Futsal was the most entertaining one, I'm not surprise that the teachers (especially the Enciks) can bend it like Beckham. Well, Encik Nazri entertained us with unbelievable 'Even my missus can score' chances. Not scoring at point blank, infront of students and your team mates is so frickin' embarrassing. Trust me, I've been in that situation before. It ain't nice.

9:30 a.m, Ivan and I went backstage toilet to change. Did another round of practice with Sam and Santosh. 'Ain't No Sunshine' and 'Heartless' by Kris Allen.



1st performance was from Nazim and another Malay girl. Singing the English version of I'm Your's and a Malay version of it. Honestly, flame me if you want, it didn't sound so good.

Santosh's band (me, Ivan, Sam, Kyle and Peter) performance was the 2nd one. Sam started rocking the hall with his cover of "Ain't No Sunshine". Then, time for "Heartless". It was all good until the school's cheap microphones ruined it. While Santosh was singing, his mic got cut off. When I sang my verse, mine and his mic got cut off.

When Santosh returned the mic to Daniel Steven....

"I'm so gonna kill you lah Daniel, you wait and see."

Mei Yee and her chicks 60's dance was well....nice? Santosh, stop drooling.

Haha, the the school's girl basketball team did a special hip-hop dance presentation. Go Eve!!!

Carmen Ten's drama, which Ivan Ten and I are involved to play her song dedicated to the teachers. Her drama was good, about a young dancing student (Mabel Goo) who had an arguement with her dancing teacher (Carmen Ten). Then, she flew to London to continue her passion for dancing, but ended up making enemies than friends. She felt bad and sad, and decided to return to Malaysia, and to her teacher. When walking on the street, her teacher was nearby. Unfortunately, she was run over by a careless lorry driver, and died on the spot. The story is narrated by a fallen angel (Santosh). Kyle being Mabel's father and the lorry driver, and Gan Yang being one of the students of the dancing class, and also a co-driver in the lorry

When it was time for Carmen's song, we were all hyped up. But when Carmen and gang started to sing, I was completely lost. Maybe I was quite close to th drums, or maybe the singers out of tune? It couldn't be. When we practiced the song, it was great. But why perform that time it turned out like this? I couldn't hear myself playing the keyboard, let alone when does the chorus and verse comes in.

Ok, last performance by Encik Saari. Oh boy, this one was honestly, the worst I've played today. Because Sam's chords for the song is different than mine, so I have to give in and change my chords (I followed the music sheet from Bee Gee's official piano book).

Guess what? It sounded awful. So bad, you will cry. But as long as Encik Saari enjoyed as much as the students did, I have no pronblem with that.

After the teacher's day event, Carmen Ten and gang planned to watch Monsters vs. Aliens. So Ivan and Yu Kin walked to my house, lepak and played Counter Strike.

Walked to Leisure Mall, by the time we reach Leisure Mall, we missed Monsters vs. Aliens already. So we bought tickets to Night At The Museum 2.

I give it a 8/10 overall for the film. Einstein is so cute.

No comments: