Thursday, June 26, 2008

WHO'S YOUR DADDY?!!!

(This is a delayed post)

Today's pertandingan antara rumah sukan event was the bomb. Way better than our school's Sports Day.

Like my previous post, I was really freaking nervous. You think being in the first team selection is a very very relaxing job, think again. As goalkeeper of Rumah Keruing's handball squad, one silly mistake can cost my team from winning the game, and making them losing the game too.

Woke up the same time, was so worried about today. Mum asked me not to be so nervous because it's just only a game. Easy to say mum.

Durring assembly, Mr. Chee anounced that the contestants that are involved in the event have permission to go down early for lunch. Yes, I can go off Pn Lily's art lesson 20 minutes early.

While in the class, I, Tan Chin Wan, Tung Weng Hong, Nick, and Sagi decided to discuss on how to defeat Rumah Jati. They are like the All Star team, 70 percent of their players represent the school. Out of the 7 players for today's competition, they have Weng Fai, Yik Yau, Weng Yew, Kheng Siang representing.

Recess time went to see Weng Fai and gang playing sepak takraw. Was so ridiculous
Compare to Rumah Keruing lineup, we have only 2. Me and one form 3 fella. Not including Tan Chin Wan and Mun Jin for having bad records, Mr. Chee kinda don't allow them to wakil sekolah.

Rumah Jati is the one to beat. And whoever defeats them, has done a great favour for Rumah Meranti, Cengal, Merbau and Keruing. :)

Went down on time, quickly changed to my Keruing shirt, and start to warm up for a few minutes. Canteen food has improved for the past few weeks. Their nasi goreng I heard, is way better than last time. Then went to the outside the bilik agama to meet up. First game was Jati against Merbau. I don't know what has got into Mun Jin's mind, he started to cheer for Rumah Jati.

"Jati jia you!!!!" - Mun Jin

It was quite a good game, finally after all these years, each team has a difficult chance of scoring more than 6 goals. Jati went and won the game, I don't know what's the score, but all I know, the Green Army won.

Second game was Rumah Keruing against Cengal.

Rumah Cengal was known back in 2005 as one of the worst handball team in school. Losing by a lot of goals and not scoring one until 2006. But since Weng Hooi, Kah Jun, Li Chuan and Solomon adding a boost to the team, things will be different.

Our line up is:
1)Foo Mun Jin
2)Santosh
3)Daniel Mak (me)
4)Chan Wai Kent
5)Samuel Wong
6)Raj Dev

(Substitute)
Hao Yang
Gan Jerry
Bryan
2 Malay form one

While Rumah Cengal has....
1)Solomon
2)Cyril
3)Phang Li Chuan
4)Weng Hooi
5)Lim Kah Jun
6)Lee Yong Zhen (Oh yeah Shu Teng, your Idol is playing)

The game started quite bad for us, we conceded the first goal because of defensive error. Kah Jun was lucky that my right wing defender didn't noticed him. Nevermind, I don't wanna blame my defenders, it's also my fault for not trying my best.

Then Mun Jin scored, and Chin wan added the second after 1st half. Until....Rumah Cengal scoring the last minute goal. All of the players were pissed, because we got a mountain to climb to get first place if we didn't win our second game.

I seriously couldn't remember the other matches scores, because I wasn't paying much attention to their match. I'll edit this post if anyone tells me the other matches results.

Our second game was against Rumah Meranti. Dubbed as the most roughest and having a 'bull-like' playing attitude. They have...

1)Cheng Heng
2)Yat Keong
3)Kao Chi Wai
4)Kah Seng
5)Kar Wai
6)One Malay fella...

Oh boy, this game is my favourite game. Their first attack, by Cheng Heng. He shot right at my right corner, and all I have to do is kick it to the volleyball court. Then, everyone was cheering, I and Santosh was jumping for joy, macam kami dah menang mereka. Ele....

After that, our first goal was not too long. Mun Jin went 'Hero' mode, same as Tan Chin Wan. Rumah Meranti's waves of attack, blocked by my defenders and me. One of the highlights of the game was when Cheng Heng did a curling shoot, I dived to punch it out. Aiya, if wanna show off, show off in a very very yeng way mah. Maccaroni Boy gone nuts. I guess the whole team was on fire, including me. Once I did the save, the whole team celebrated like nuts. Mun Jin was like, "Relax, relax, don't worry."

We have a code name for Cheng Heng. If he comes, I would shout 'Ice-cream man' to my players, if we score, we say "Who's your daddy?!" loud and proud, and then shout the person who scores the goal. Cool huh?

Cheng Heng was lucky to score past me after we score 3 goals. 3-1 was the first half. Again wave after wave of attack, we score again. I told you, I couldn't keep track of the results, because I was paying much more attention to my team's defence, and my performance too.

We won, we knock out the 'bull' team by alot of goals. We're like on a goal scoring spree. Next game for us, against our closest rival, Rumah Jati.

While I was in the canteen drinking water, Leong Kit told me that my mum has been waiting for so long. I ran to her, told her to go back first, but she insist on waiting for me. Went back and see the other team's match.

Finally, the main match of the day. Rumah Jati versus Keruing.

Rumh Jati's lineup has :
1)Weng Fai
2)Wei Jian
3)Bernard
4)Weng Yew
5)Kheng Siang
6)Yik Yau

Surprisingly, Hak Lee, Eng Chuan and Ronald Choo wasn't in the list.''

The game started awesome, we scored the first goal. Then they scored another one to tie. Weng Yew is the only one that is helping Rumah Jati to attack and attack again and again. I manage to block his shots nervously. Cuz even if he isn't jumpshooting, his far shots are enough to scare the shit out of you.

Then out of the sudden, we score again. And first half was 2-1. Second half, the pressure was on us to not concede a goal. Again, Weng Yew shoot, I block. Not my defenders fault, it's part of the plan. Block Kheng Siang, and force Weng Yew to shoot from far.

Something terrible happened to me. One of my players missed pass the ball to Weng Yew, and Kent quickly ran back to help Samuel defend. As Weng Yew easily jumped shot, I kneeled down, raised my right hand, and the ball deflected by my hand, hit the goal post. We were 99.9% close to conceding a very very costly goal. Then I realized that my right hand, the thumb area, has been injured by the powerful shot by Weng Yew. Santosh replaced me as keeper, and I was substituted by Raj Dev. My team used the all useful tactics, the time wasting tactic. Santosh manage to block Kheng Siang's ball, and then he starts to juggle the ball...safely. Mun Jin, Kent, Chin Wan tried to waste as much time to win the match. Well, they got tired of that and well as
scored the third to kill off the game. And they did. Final score, 3-1.

We have a big chance of winning the competition. All we have to do is draw against the next team, or best of all win it. Hao Yang and the 2 subs were begging for me to let them play, but I can't risk it, because the last game is also as important as the one against Rumah Jati. Fine...I take the risk, by putting a Malay fella, who claimed that he can play keeper as good as me, and Hao Yang, to replace Samuel. He even ordered Sam to be replaced by him. Hello? Samuel played way better than Hao Yang, and Samuel managed to pass the ball cleanly to his team mates. Hao Yang, I don't think so.

Last match was against Rumah Merbau. It's also a must-win game.

Since I was injured (Thank you Weng Yew, for making my hand 'better'), I had to change myself to a Malay fella who claimed that he can become goalkeeper. Here's how it goes...

Malay fella : "Eh, biar saya keeper lah, saya boleh..."
Me : "You sure?"
Malay fella : "Ya, saya boleh. Senang kan?"

I was like =.=''

There were 2 Malay subs, one is the one that say he can keeper for the team, the other one was so pissing me off.

Me : "Adik, lu jadi defender boleh tak?"
Malay fella 2 : "Defender, tak boleh striker ah?"

Eh, if Mun Jin and Chin Wan and Santosh teaming up as strikers not good enough, what about you?

Thankfully, Hafizi talk some bloody sense into that fella...

"Eh, lu ingat senang nak jadi pasukan pertama ke? Mereka pun tidak pernah nampak kamu main handball atau tidak, tak kira jika kamu wakil sekolah atau tidak. Mereka tidak tahu kebolehan kamu dalam permainan ini, then maaf lah, saya pun tak boleh bantu awak." - Hafizi

THANK YOU HAFIZI!!!

Damn Hao Yang, he told me he can block the shots, he was acting like a clown while defending. You all should have see how he play. Even Samuel doubt this team will defeat Merbau.

"Eh, what is this lah? Rookie team?!" - Samuel

I trust the 2 subs, they fucked up my mood. Like injuring your hands ain't bad enough lah...

Chin Wan, Mun Jin has the right to be so mad at them. So, immediately I switched back to the team, Samuel and Hao Yang switched too, for good.

For the entire first half, I have to force myself to use my injured right hand to block shots. Rumah Merbau have such a great advantage over me. Thankfully, I survived.

Out of the sudden, Wei Jian told teacher they somehow forgot to start the timer. I and team were so pissed at him.

Then for second half, I started to conceded stupid goals. Sagilan managed to score past me, then we reply back. Then while we were celebrating because we were leading, our opponents took advantage of our broken defense, and scored.

Then there was one time, Samuel tried to tak the ball all the way to score, and Rumah Merbau's defenders were all on him. Samuel fell down, and the referee didn't foul them. We were so pissed, especially Mun Jin. Guess who's the referee, Rumah Jati players Weng Yew and Weng Fai.

Then there was a war of words between Mun Jin and Weng Fai. Started to argue and foul language was exchanged.

No comments: